How to Buy
There are many ways to buy your food and groceries through the Harbour Co-op, to determine your shipping total, and submit a payment for your purchase. This page contains the answers to the most frequently asked customer service questions - if you have a question that isn't answered here, please contact us so we may answer it and add it to this page for others in the future. Sections below include: How to place an order, How to determine shipping costs, How to make a payment, Other common questions (Returns, Warranties, Payment times and more)
How to place an order:
Buy Online: go to the category or product page that lists the item(s) you want to buy and add it to your shopping cart using either the number box or the plus/minus signs. When you have added all the products you want checkout through the online system using either direct debit or credit cards for payment.
How to make a payment:
We make payment as easy as possible for our customers with many different options available to suit your individual needs.
- Credit Cards - Most people will place their orders online using a credit card. This is the simplest and fastest method of payment. We accept Visa and MasterCard credit cards. The name that appears on your statement will be Harbour Co-op.
- Direct Credit - You may pay with Direct Credit into account number #02-0842-0040412-00 using your full name and order number as references. Please note: Your order will be delayed until the bank transaction comes through. This can take up to three working days.
- Cash - This option is only available on our store premises, as it is not safe to send cash through the post.
- EFTPOS - this option is only available in our store, as EFTPOS cards require a pin number and a physical card.
- Gift Certificates & Harbour Vouchers - These may be purchased for later purchase and are usually given as gifts. Bring the certificate into our location to claim the value shown. There is a twelve month limit on gift certificates (printed on the certificate at the time of issuance, so don't forget to use them within your year's time.
Common customer service questions and answers
We aim to dispatch within 24 hours Monday-Friday and on the first day of the working week for orders placed over the weekend. Should there be any delays we will contact you within those 24 hours. Delivery generally takes 2-3 days nationwide, though this may vary for rural addresses. We use Fastway Couriers for delivery.
International shipments may incur extra freight charges - we will contact you prior to shipping if this applies to your shipping address & order.
If an item is no longer available or we find it is incorrectly displayed on our site, we'll contact you with your options prior to shipment.
Returns, Exchanges and Refunds
If the item you have purchased is an item that we normally stock (wasn't specially ordered specifically for you), then you may return the item as long as it is still “as new” and in its original packaging. The value you paid for the item will be returned to you or applied towards another item or held as a credit in our system at your request. If the item was specially ordered for you, you may not change your mind once it has arrived. If the goods are faulty we will be very happy to meet our obligations under the Consumer Guarantees Act. Refunds do not apply to the cost of shipping as long as the goods have been shipped.
When will my credit card payment be processed?
Credit card payments will be authorized when your order is placed, and the actual total will be processed when your order has been picked for shipping. The total charged is the same as it would be if you had ordered the product within the shop. We will do our best to make the total as close to the estimated total as possible, but please note that weighed items, bulk items, and swapped items will vary in price from your online order as there is no standard packaging for these items, and the final weight, while close will most likely not be exact.
Different producers provide different procedures for warranty items. If anything that you purchase through Harbour Co-op is defective in workmanship or materials, please contact us immediately, so we may assess the fault and if determined to be a proper warranty claim, replace or repair the item at our discretion. Accidental damage and wear-and-tear is not covered by manufacturers' warranty, so please do not be disappointed if your warranty claim is turned down when the fault is caused by anything other than a manufacturing defect.
Let us know how we are doing
If you have any suggestions, comments, questions, complaints or praise we want to hear from you. Please contact us through any of the means listed at the bottom of each page, or visit the contact & location page for more detailed information on how to visit our store in Lyttelton.